Copyright © 2011 The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts
- 2 cups blended tomato puree*
- 1 cup ripe tomato, diced
- 1 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion or scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- Up to 1 Tbs finely diced jalapeno pepper seeded (to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*Note: If tomatoes do not have much flavor, add tomato powder or sun dried tomatoes to the puree as needed.