- 1/4 cup (85 g) quinoa
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs hulled tahini
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 medium zucchini, thin spirals
- 1/2 medium-to-large carrot, thin spirals
- 1 15-oz (425 g) can organic cooked cannellini beans, drained
- 2 Tbs currants
- 1 small handful roughly chopped parsley
- 1 small handful roughly chopped mint
- 2 small green (spring) onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful mixed parsley and mint leaves
1. Add the uncooked quinoa and water to a medium pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Lower the heat and continue to simmer the quinoa, covered, until it absorbs the water. Turn off the heat.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy.
4. Place noodle ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing, and toss until thoroughly coated.
5. Top with extra herbs and serve.
From the amazing new recipe book Nourishing Noodles by Chris Anca Available at Quartoknows.com and Amazon.com.