RAW CABBAGE AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
Yields: 4-6 servings
Ingredients for Salad:
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups segmented grapefruit, pits, peel, and pith removed – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup spicy seasoned pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- pinch of whole, unrefined salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Place cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with dressing ingredients and massage to soften leaves.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Chill or serve immediately, garnished with seasoned pumpkin seeds.
- Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator Cabbage Salad will keep for 2-3 days.
Copyright © 2011 The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts