RAW CAESAR SALAD
Yields: 4-6 servings
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1-2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup spring or filtered water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wheat-free tamari
- 2 Tbs chickpea miso
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbs kelp granules
- 3/4 tsp dulse flakes
- 1/4 tsp medium grind black pepper
- Place all ingredients for the dressing, except the Dulse flakes, in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add dulse flakes and pulse briefly.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
Caesar dressing will keep 7-10 days.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup pureed pine nuts (add a little water if
- needed to puree)
- Crispy vegan croutons
- Dulse flakes, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
To Assemble Caesar Salad:
- Toss the romaine with enough dressing to coat the leaves.
- Portion salads and garnish with pine nuts, vegan croutons, dulse flakes and black pepper.
Copyright © 2011 The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts