CAULIFLOWER "EGG” SALAD
aka, Mock Deviled Salad by Chef Diana Slick
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped in small pieces
- 6 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced up to where the leaves separate
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours, drained
- 1/4 cup water (more for blending if needed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Dash of black pepper
- Garnish: Fresh dill and paprika
•Mix cauliflower, celery and scallion in a large bowl and set aside.
•In a food processor fitted with an “s” blade, add cashews, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, ground mustard, sea salt, turmeric, and black pepper and blend until mixture is creamy.
Scrape sides down often and add more water if needed to blend. Mixture should be thick yet well blended.
• Add cashew mixture to cauliflower mixture and mix well.
• Let set for 30 min to 1 hour for flavors to meld, then garnish with fresh dill and paprika.
Mock egg salad can be used as a salad topping, a collard wrap filling, on crackers, or on bread!
Copyright © 2011 The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts