SOPA A LA ITALIANA
Copyright © 2011 The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato or 2 medium, chopped
- 4-6 sprigs basil large stems removed
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 scallion, end trimmed
- 4 cups spinach, packed or 8 ounce by weight
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 2 tsp whole unre_ ned salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium avocado, chopped cayenne, to taste
- Place all ingredients except for the avocado, in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add avocado and blend briefly until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to desired taste (i.e., spice level).
Garnish with green leafy sprouts, dulse flakes, or diced red pepper or tomato.
- This creamy soup is delicious served chilled or at room temperature.
- Refrigerated, in an airtight container, soup will keep 3-5 days. Mix well before serving.