PREP TIME 30 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 45 mins
• Mini (slider) Hamburger Buns
• 1 1/2 cup quinoa- cooked
• 1 cup cremini mushrooms- diced
• 3/4 cup garbanzo beans- cooked
• 1/2 cup white onion- diced
• 1 cup kale- chopped
• 1 Tbs Bragg Liquid Aminos
• Coconut oil- as needed for sautéing
• 2 Tbs all purpose gluten-free flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Grilled red onion* see cooking instructions below
• Fresh arugula
• Vegan mayonaise
• Dijon Mustard
- Slice red onion into large slices/chunks.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat with coconut oil.
- Cook in skillet until they soften all the way through and become translucent.
- Turn off heat, add 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar, mix and cover for 5 minutes.
FOR THE BURGERS
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. While quinoa is cooking do the following:
Place coconut oil in sauté pan -- add onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat uncovered for approximately 3 minutes. Add garbanzo beans, mushrooms, chopped kale and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Cook for another 8-10 minutes. Take all the ingredients from sauté pan and add the cooked quinoa, lemon juice, baking powder and gluten-free flour- PULSE (do not purify)- in blender or food processor for 35-45 seconds. You don't want to over-blend, but do want a gooey/blended consistency. Heat cast-iron skillet or other pan on medium/high heat, and lightly grease with coconut oil. Form blended mixture (approximately 1/4 cup scoops) into sliders and place them into hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and repeat - total cook time 10-12 minutes. Assemble burgers by adding vegan mayonnaise, arugula, and grilled red onion on bun.
NOTES: The patties firm up a bit once they cool down and are great without the bun. Add them into anything - salads, quinoa, rice, etc.