- Two slices of toasted bread, lightly smeared with dijon mustard
- One package of smoked tempeh (aka "bacon")
- Spinach to cover each slice of bread
- Tomato slices to cover the spinach on each slice of bread
- One package of firm tofu
- Coconut butter for cooking
- Season with: diced garlic, diced onion, dried seaweed (dulse and/or kelp), marjoram, thyme, basil, oregano, pepper, and sea salt.
- Put the tempeh in a nonstick frying pan, arranged so that each piece is touching the pan. Cook on low for 10-15 minutes until each side is slightly browned. (Add a little water if it starts to stick, but not too much because you want it to get a little dry so that it will be crispy).
- Slice your tofu block in two and place each piece into another non stick frying pan. Add a little coconut butter to the pan and make sure that it coats each side of the tofu as it cooks. Cook on low for 10-15 minutes, turning to slightly brown each side. Add the seasoning to both sides and make sure you use enough to coat it well.
- Stack all the items together as pictured. Use a fork and a sharp knife to enjoy each bite!